Recognized thought leader in digital and social strategy and product and program management. with more than 20 years of experience and a defined track record of developing successful websites, online products and campaigns for major brands. Technologist turned marketer turned communicator.
Digital marketing, customer experience, digital support operations, social media and community development, brand, product and program management, e-commerce, web analytics, UI/UX/Interaction design, project management, front-end design and development
See the Presenting Experience page for a full list of presentations.
Nike, New York, NY (Remote)
Principal Product Director, Self and Guided Service, May 2022 to Present
Intuit, New York, NY (Remote)
Principal Product Manager, Out-of-Product Help Experiences and Intuit Communities , March 2019 to May 2022
Lead Out-of-Product Help Content and Community Product and Platform and Social Strategy across all Intuit business units.
- Lead and define vision for matrixed and multi-discipline Community platform team consisting of product managers, developers, strategists, operational leads, interaction and visual designers and analytics professionals.
- Define Web-based self-help content and Community product initiatives and roadmaps using user and competitive research, business cases and user needs.
- Align with global stakeholders on global approach to Customer Help platform development and optimized experiences for Intuit customers.
- Define core platform KPIs and measurement paradigms to quantify business benefits of community components and experiences.
- Align with design teams to create wireframes and designs that articulate the product visions.
- Align with marketing stakeholders to define audience acquisition and brand campaigns for self-help growth and awareness.
- Devise action plans and tests for product and experience deficiencies.
Samsung Electronics America, New York, NY and Ridgefield Park, NJ
Head of Social Media Care and Community Programs, January 2017 – November 2018
Lead Samsung’s Social Support program and customer experience and content strategy for post-purchase customer support channels on Facebook, Twitter, Bazaarvoice and Samsung’s branded community forum.
- Manage strategy and execution of Samsung’s US social media support and customer engagement program, handling more than one million customer engagements annually.
- Lead strategy for Stevie® Award winning 10 million+ member customer support community which saw year-over-year growth of registered users by 46x, user engagement by 84x and annual visits by 366x and millions of dollars in support savings.
- Define improved digital agent training manuals, hiring profiles, escalation processes and operational engagement best practices leading to 13% increase in customer satisfaction percentage year-over-year.
- Define social support content strategy resulting in more than 200% annual increase in engagement.
- Manage million-dollar program budget; build business cases, product requirement documents and user stories for continued program enhancements.
- Define and manage implementation of technical integration of social engagement tools with CRM tools, chatbots, messaging, analytics and survey platforms.
- Partner with Samsung teams in Korea, Europe and Canada to promote community program best practices and build global standards.
- Launched Samsung’s first Care Ambassador program, recognizing community superusers with exclusive access, experiences and gifts.
- Launched program for responding to Samsung product reviews on major retailer sites including Home Depot, Lowe’s, Best Buy, Costco and JCPenney.
- Regularly interface with and share program results and strategy with senior-level executives to improve customer processes and improve product quality.
About.com, New York, NY
Vice President, Social Media and Platform Partnerships, July 2013 to January 2017
Define and implement enterprise social and audience development strategy for About.com, including social product development, content marketing, analytics, and overall vision.
- Responsible for all enterprise-wide social media, community / UGC, and platform partnership and distributed content strategy.
- Define and implement enterprise social and audience development strategy for the About.com network of sites including social product development, content marketing, analytics, and overall vision.
- Responsible for building and managing strategic relationships and platform strategy for Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, Apple News, Snapchat, Flipboard, Tumblr, and other emerging media platforms.
- Manage team of social media editors who manage day-to-day operations of more than 50 social media accounts on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Google+.
- Launched About.com first social content marketing team – responsible for creating hundreds of pieces of curated content each week with a goal of increased traffic and brand awareness.
- Created About.com social media analytics reporting framework with Google Analytics and SimplyMeasured to measure and optimize social media content performance.
- Implement social media best practices, training and communication with our network of more than 1000 freelance writers.
- Launched “Shareables”, a successful daily newsletter devoted to trending topics in history and social media.
- Champion UGC and audience development techniques in an effort to build a more engaging user community.
- Efforts have resulted in increased social referral traffic of more than 700%.
- Speak regularly at leading digital and social media marketing conferences including SXSW Interactive, Ad:Tech, AdAge Conference and Social Media Week and provide thought leadership for leading social media publications including Fast Company, SocialFresh, Huffington Post, and Medium.
AOL, Inc, New York, NY
Social Media Director, November 2010 to July 2013
Lead enterprise social media strategy and product development for AOL Media brands.
- Owned overall social strategy for more than 30 AOL brands and Corporate entities, including AOL main social channels on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Google+ and Tumblr which grew followership more than 1000% during my tenure.
- Designed and launched social media strategy for live events including Nik Wallenda’s Skywire (with Discovery), and #ICallShotgun (with Jerry Seinfeld and Andy Cohen) and AOL Anchor Quest.
- Partnered with Phil Jackson to develop launch strategy for his Twitter account which gained more than 175,000 followers in two days after first tweet. (Yes, we meant for him to typo)
- Managed partner relationships with Facebook, Twitter, Rebelmouse, Livefyre, Simply Measured and a roster of social media digital agencies.
- Designed and implemented social product integrations for AOL Live, various live events pages and native sales partnership programs.
- Oversaw social content distribution using organic and viral marketing with StumbleUpon, Reddit and BuzzFeed.
- Managed day-to-day spend of AOL social media marketing budget.
- Trained a diverse team of editorial and social media personnel on best practices in community development.
- Integrated social into live B2B activations including AOL Studio at SXSW, AOL Advertising Week, Cannes and Internet Week and the AOL Digital Content NewFront.
- Launched, managed and create content for AOL Corporate Blog (http://blog.aol.com), and maintain programming strategy and content calendar.
- Developed metrics and reporting strategy with Omniture, bit.ly, Facebook Insights, Google Analytics and Simply Measured.
- Managed blogger outreach strategy for key marketing initiatives.
- Wrote social marketing pieces for SocialFresh, Huffington Post and BuzzFeed.
- Lead production for AOL’s global company meeting for more than 5000 employees and 22 offices worldwide.
CafeMom, Inc, New York, NY
Director, Emerging and Social Media Strategy, August 2009 to November 2010
Manage strategy for integration of social tools into CafeMom network of sites, and distribution of CafeMom content across the social web.
- Manage product strategy for integration of social tools into CafeMom network of sites, and distribution of CafeMom content and brand across the social web.
- Integrations include Facebook Connect, Sign In with Twitter, the Facebook application and fan pages platforms, and OpenSocial.
- Developing strategy for acquiring new users for CafeMom.com through the development of new on-brand Facebook applications, content programming on Twitter and optimizing conversion on Facebook fan page.
- Managed and designed QuizMom and Pledges Facebook applications from idea through launch.
- Created an “advertorial” content share experience into Nestle’s Wonka brand product called “Imagine If…” application, providing deep integration of their brand into Facebook news feed using Facebook Connect.
- Launched repurposed Latte Land game from CafeMom.com as Facebook application from 0 to 300,000 page views a day in 3 weeks through use of existing Facebook fan base and less than $300 a day marketing spend.
- Responsible for understanding and implementation of Facebook marketing and platform requirements to ensure effective execution of marketing campaigns.
- Metrics and reporting using in-house metrics platform, Google Analytics and bit.ly.
MTV Networks, New York, NY
Senior Manager, Social Media Product Development, November 2007 to August 2009
Manage product development, user experience design projects, and client integration of content-based Flux social media platform used by than 30 major MTV Networks and Viacom brands.
- Site launches include Comedy Central, Colbert Report, MTV Tr3s, MTV’s Think, TV Land, CMT, LaZona and various reality casting show websites.
- Product launches include Facebook Connect and Twitter integration, user profile redesign, member search and management, redesign of upload, comment and rating widgets for use by third-party websites
New York University School of Continuing and Professional Studies, New York, NY
Adjunct Instructor, 2007 to Present
Teach Social Media and Digital Marketing classes to NYU continuing education students part-time.
- Classes taught include PR 2.0: Using Social Media to Engage Customers and Their Communities, Web 3.0: What’s Next: Strategies to Attract, Retain, and Monetize Web Traffic
JetBlue Airways Corporation, Forest Hills, NY
General Manager, jetblue.com, June 2007 to November 2007
Manager, Internet Marketing, January 2006 to June 2007
Senior Internet Analyst, January 2004 to January 2006
Managed day-to-day operation, product development and content management of jetblue.com website, responsible for sale of 80% of flights sold and $2.5 billion in revenue annually.
- Launched JetBlue Twitter and defined and executed JetBlue’s first social media strategy.
- Managed all aspects of redesign and relaunch of jetblue.com website increasing purchase conversion ratio by 20%.
- Product launches managed include low fare search, JetBlue Cruises, self-service customer knowledge base, The Simpsons Movie marketing campaign, JetBlue Getaways vacations, city destination pages, Online Flight Check-In, airline anniversary contests, and countless weekly sale fare promotions.
- Defined and implemented web analytics using Omniture SiteCatalyst.
- Led enterprise content management system RFP from research to final vendor selection to final implementation.
- Managed relationships with interactive agencies to ensure on-time deliverables.
Scholastic, New York, NY
Associate Producer, Learning Management Systems, October 2003 to January 2004
Product development and project management of million-dollar Learning Management System.
- Managed relationships with internal Scholastic development and design teams.
- Wrote, maintained and updated extensive product and functional specifications documentation.
About.com, New York, NY
Project Manager, Sprinks, July 2001 to August 2003
Production Coordinator, September 2000 to July 2001
HTML Producer, Corporate Marketing and Revenue Programs, March 2000 to September 2000
Auto Racing Guide, August 1997 to April 2000
Project management, interface design, content management and client-side production and design for top 5 website.
- Designed and deployed million-dollar custom advertising distribution system for distributing contextual pay-per-click advertising units.
- Managed interface design and deployment of patent-pending search advertising e-commerce platform.
- Worked with About content teams to revise and redesign About.com homepage.
- Wrote implementation specifications for partnership deals for over 500 partners.
- Wrote and managed content for auto racing blog, newsletters and message boards and focused on Indianapolis 500 and other open-wheel motorsports.
Prior work experience and references available upon request.
Pace University, Bachelor of Science, Information Systems, cum laude
New York University, Basic Project Management
US Patent Number #7,752,073 – Method and system for providing advertising through content specific nodes over the internet, filed October 19, 2005.
Press (see more on the press page)
Mentioned in Fast Company, AdvertisingAge, PR Week, the New York Observer, MediaBistro and Mashable.